Friday, February 24, 2017
Rec Five: Things to put in your car for winter
1) Collapsible Shovel- Be able to dig yourself out of snow embankments if the worst happens.
2) Kitty Litter- it can absorb snow, which is also helpful if you get stuck in the snow. Plus, putting it in the back of your vehicle means it is added weight, making you less likely to fishtail on icy roads.
3) Ice scraper- Parked outside? Warming up your car can melt frost, but there's not always time! Be safe and scrape off your wind shield fully. I had a friend run over when someone didn't properly clear their windshield.
4) Blankets and/or winter coats- You never know when you might need extra warmth- what if the heater goes out?
5) Plastic bags- If you have to park outside overnight, tie a plastic bag around your side mirrors. It will keep the frost and snow off. Don't forget to lift your wipers off the windshield too; keep them from freezing to the glass as that can damage the wiper.