My Care Package Lists show some pretty unusual items to mail, but this might be the most unusual thing I've ever heard of-
- Did you know people used to send children by way of post? A 53 cent stamp was all it took!
Looking for some other strange postal trivia? Look no further:
- Did you know that the Postal Service used to have a "mascot?" Owney the postal dog spent many years travelling the rails to guard bags of mail being transported, and now is the hero of five children's books. You can still see his preserved body at the Smithsonian surely one of the museums more, um, unusual sites!
- Curious about what happens to unsold stamps?
- Ever been told that mail by post is a dying venue for communication? Just tell that person The Pony Express Still Rides.
- Did you know there was a National Postal Museum? And their website has a "This Day in Postal History..." series too!