This is an easy, fun look to create. Keep your pompadour high though, to keep from seeming too Sarah Plain and Tall and more like the famous Gibson Girls of the early 1900s. And remember, I'd love to see any photos of hair attempts or helpful hair tips you've found for this style, so put a link in the comments or tweet it!
1) Curl hair for extra bodyThis step is optional, but I like to curl my hair to give it extra body.
2) Backbrush front sectionBackbrushing will give your hair more body to achieve the lift for your pompadour.
3)Pin front section back for pompadourMy bangs are growing out, so all I did was pin them with bobby pins, laying the hair down against the scalp to get a bit of extra arch to the hair. You can do this with longer hair as well, or you can roll you hair under for a thicker, more supported pouf.
4) Backbrush side section and pin.This is the same process as what you did for the front section of hair. Arrange the hair so it connects with the front section to create one pompadour, rather than two smaller ones.
5) Repeat on other side for full pompadourDoing the same thing on both sides will result in your full pompadour.
6) Brush loose hair in back up into a ponytail at the base of your crown.You are making a ponytail that starts at the crown of you hair. You may use a tie or not as you wish. Using a brush will help create a smooth and even look for the back of your head.
7) Twist the ponytailTwist it around your finger to create a rope of hair.
8) Wrap twisted ponytail into a bun at the crown of your headWrap the twisted ponytail into a bun at the crown of your head. Use bobby pins to secure it. The bun may fall of its own accord a little lower onto your head, resulting in a slight pouf at the bottom, back part of your head. This is fine as it creates a bit of the puffed up look that is similar to the pompadour at the front of your head. Once the bun is secured you are done!
P.S. LOOKING FOR MORE HAIRSTYLING HOW-TOS? WHY NOT TRY: BRAIDED LOOPS // 5-STRAND BRAID // THE BARDOT LOOK //THE GIBSON GIRL LOOK // THE TURBAN WRAP //ROPE BRAIDS // FISHTAIL BRAIDS // POMPADOUR BUN // TWISTED HOTCROSS BUNS // TWISTED HALO // THE MESSY BEEHIVE //